Monday, February 27, 2012

Jane Eyre Doll

For Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, I wanted to make a milliner style doll. A milliner doll is a doll with a paper mache head, hands, and feet on a muslin body. These dolls were sent by dressmakers in the mid-1800's to show the latest fashions.

Poor Jane Eyre, though, is but a governess. Her linen dress in simple and stark, though her wool cape is passionate red. She has a cotton petticoat under her dress. She can sit on a shelf, but I think she looks more tragic standing in her doll stand.


  1. Hi, I liked your blog and I personally invite you to join htttp:// - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
    We will also be happy to cooperate with your blog such as adding its link to our site.
    All the best,

  2. That is beautiful! My daughter and I love the look you gave her.